Delicious cajun shrimp with zoodles recipe
- 400g of raw shrimp, devained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and spiralised
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning (see post for recipe)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- extra Cajun seasoning (roughly 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp of warm water
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and massage the dry rub into the shrimp. Set aside and leave to marinate until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile place the spiralised zucchini in a colander with 1tsp of pink salt and set aside for 10 minutes. During the given time the zucchini will sweat, omitting its bitterness. After 10 minutes rinse the zoodles with water, drain then blot with kitchen towel and set aside
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium sized heavy duty frying pan or skillet and begin to sautee the onions and bell peppers on low-medium heat until the peppers are slightly soft. This should take 5-7 minutes. Feel free to put the lid on the pan during sauteeing.
- Once the peppers soften, at this stage add the mushrooms, tomato quarters and proceed to stir frequently for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp Cajun seasoning onto the veggies and add 2 tbsp of water so that the juices from the tomatoes creates a light sauce.
- Toss in the shrimp and proceed to shake and rotate the pan so that the shrimp are exposed to the heat at the bottom of pan so they can cook thorough
- After roughly one minute as the shrimp begins to turn from grey to slightly pink, add the zoodles. Stir them so that the shrimp and veggies are combined with the zoodles and heat through for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove and serve accordingly.