The weather is gorgeous in the UK right and it is predicted to soar within the next few days. I’m not complaining as the summer season is my favourite time of the year. Although the UK is not known for its warm and sunny weather, residents whom are used to the erratic period have good reason to appreciate this lovely weather.
Anyway, salad bowls have been on the agenda for moi, more importantly a good mango salad recipe is what I’ve been drawn to lately. It’s so easy to obtain tropical fruits during this time of year, especially if you live in a diverse city like I do.
This mango salad was Belizean inspired, I liked the idea of pairing some fresh mangoes with bell peppers – red bell peppers add a great sweet crunchy taste along with the star of the show, the mango.
Thankfully this decadent salad is a perfect low carbohydrate option for weight watchers. It’s high in vitamin c from the mango, bell peppers and I successfully created an anti-inflammatory dressing salad using lime, ginger and other condiments. Definitely a winner to boast white blood cells which strengthen the immune system and also helps to remedy joint pain.
- 1 large mango, sliced,
- ½ a large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper (I used a combination of orange, yellow and green)
- For the dressing
- 1tsp of ginger, minced
- The juice of one lime
- ¼ tsp of garlic granules or one small garlic clove, crushed
- ⅛ tsp of sesame seed oil
- 2tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp of coconut palm sugar
- ⅛ tsp of coconut aminos
- Arrange the mango, bell peppers and red onions on a serving plate
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blitz for 30-40secs until smooth
- Sparingly pour the dressing onto the mango salad
- Serve and enjoy!