Apple cinnamon pancakes recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- For the pancake batter (yields 6 approx)
- 1 cup of oat flour (use coffee grinder to mill the oats into flour)
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/4tsp of nutmeg
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 1tbsp of date paste
- 1 cup and 1/4 cup of coconut milk (see post for recipe)
- pinch of himalayan pink salt
- coconut oil for greasing the crepe pan
- Caramelizing the apples
- 3 apples, cored and peeled
- 2tbsp of homemade vegan butter (see post for recipe)
- 1/2tsp of nutmeg
- 2tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2tsp of coconut palm sugar
- 3 tbsp of date paste (see post for recipe)
- Place the oat flour into a large bowl, add the rest of the pancake batter ingredients excluding the coconut oil and whisk into a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Heat the crepe pan (or frying pan) on medium heat and coat the surface of the pan with oil.
- Ladle the batter onto the pan- swirling and rotating the pan to create a big circle.
- As the edges begin to brown, use an egg spatula to flip the pancake over, cook the other side
- repeat the process
- To make the filling, in a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and coconut sugar until it dissolves and begins to bubble.
- Add the apples, spices and date paste to the saucepan and increase the heat to medium. As the apple begins to soften in the date paste, the extract should thicken up a little.
- Continue to sautee for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Fill the panckes with the caramelised apple and fold over.