Last Updated on
Cinnamon applesauce recipe – Learn how to make delicious spice infused applesauce with a squeeze of lemon, pitted dates and blitz in a high speed blender.
This is a really quick cinnamon applesauce recipe that will come in handy for a number of culinary arts. The best thing about this applesauce is that it’s raw, meaning all the nutrients are maintained and not boiled out like most of the store brought ones.
As of lately I’ve been dabbling with various baking treats and incorporating apple puree. What I’ve found is that applesauce can be used in place of unsaturated fats and sugars.
Recipes with applesauce
This is a type of healthy applesauce that’s cost effective, delicious and multipurpose. Plus cinnamon and applesauce compliment one another so what’s not to love???
You can do so many things with applesauce including –
- Applesauce cinnamon rolls
- Add it to vegan baked goods in place of eggs
- Cinnamon applesauce pancakes
- Cinnamon applesauce pork chops
Cinnamon applesauce nutrition
- High in vitamin C which is a water soluble vitamin that promotes healing of wounds and eliminates the build up of free radicals
- High in fibre promoting healthy bowel movements
- B Vitamins for cell rejuvenation
- Magnesium, iron and phosphorus
What you will need to make this cinnamon applesauce recipe
To make this fibrous apple sauce recipe, you don’t need to do anything other than to core and quarter the apples plus add the extras ingredients to the blender.
The skin is packed with lots and lots of fibre which is good for the bowels and blends in it’s entirely, so there’s no need to be overly concerned about removal.
Apple sauce recipe
3 apples, cored and quartered
A squeeze of lemon (or 1tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar)
2 pitted dates
1tsp of cinnamon
Add all of the ingredients to blender and pulse on high speed until pureed.
Other recipes you may like
Learn how to make this blend friendly cinnamon applesauce – Raw, Vegan, Refined sugar free, paleo friendly
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 4 mins
- Category: Extras
- 3 apples, cored and quartered
- A squeeze of lemon (or 1tsbp of organic apple cider vinegar)
- 3 pitted dates
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to blender and pulse on high speed until pureed.