Cherry sauce recipe – this fruit infused cherry sauce is so easy to prepare using pitted cherries, palm sugar and tapioca flour for thickness.
.Today I’m showcasing a quick tutorial on how to make sweet cherry sauce recipe.
Cherries are relatively expensive here in the UK, despite their extortionate price I always seem to grab myself a bag of sweet cherries, even if it’s simply a rare healthy snack.
I thought to myself, rather than munch on my bag of cherries I made a quick cherry sauce recipe, that’s not only perfect to valentines, but also doubles up as a dessert or cake topping.
How to prepare the cherry sauce
Of course you’ll need to use a pitter to remove the seed or frozen pitted cherries to reduce the prep time.
It’s literally a matter of incorporating everything in the pan and allowing it to thicken with time.
Nothing goes wasted here, no straining or discarding the skin because we crush the cherries halfway through to thicken the sauce along with the tapioca flour.
I’m letting you off lightly with this easy peasy sauce, you owe me!
Recipes to use this sweet cherry sauce recipe withPrint
Cherry sauce recipe
Vegan, paleo, gluten, dairy free
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- 2 pounds of pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Add the cherries, palm sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently.
- After 5 minutes mix together the lemon juice and tapioca flour and stir in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Start to crush the cherries with the back of a fork, this will help to thicken the sauce and omit the process of straining and juicing the cherries.
- The cherry sauce should resemble a puree, slowly thickening.
- Continue to cook for a total of 15-20minutes or until desired thickness.
- Remove from stove and cool.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 5-7 days.