Paleo chicken nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of ground almonds
- 1 large free range egg
- For the chicken seasoning
- 200g of chicken breast (washed and cut into chunks)
- For the flour
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp of tapioca starch
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of curry powder
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Line a tray with parchment paper and generously brush the paper with melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 200 Celsius
- Combine the coconut and ground almonds in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crack the egg and put the tapioca starch with condiments in another bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and proceed to season with the herb and spices.
- Dip the chicken into the tapioca starch, be sure to evenly coat each piece of chicken. Then dip into the egg before rolling in the coconut/almond “breadcrumbs”..
- Put each chicken nugget on the tray lined with parchment paper and the repeat steps 5,6 and 7 until all the nuggets are on the try.
- Bake in the oven until both sides are crispy, this should take 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the nuggets so they don’t burn.
- When cooked, remove from oven and serve accordingly.