Vegetable fish stir fry
Delicious low carb 4 ingredient vegetable fish stir fry – GF, paleo, Keto
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Main
- 4 large fish fillets, chopped into pieces
- 3 mixed bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large zucchini (courgettes)
- fish seasoning (see post for ingredients)
- 2tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt (for the zoodles)
- Start off by using the spiraliser to create vegetable noodles. To do this simply use a peeler to scrap the skin off the zucchini, it should come off quite easily. Then wedge the zucchini in between the spike and insert it into the protruding metal piece. Rotate the lever clockwise until the zoodles exit the other side, using a dish to catch the noodles.
- Put the veggie noodles into a colander, massage with 1tsp off pink salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- After the given time you will notice the zoodles begin to sweat. At this stage wash and drain the zoodles.
- Now season the fish with the seasoning mix as listed and set aside
- In a heavy duty pan (can use wok) melt the coconut oil on medium heat and proceed to adding the bell peppers and cook them until tender. Roughly 5-7 minutes this should take.
- Once the peppers are tender, pan fry the fish. Ensure to toss and manoeuvre fish for an even transparent sealant. Do this for 3-4 minutes
- Finally add the vegetable noodles, folding no more than 4 times so they don;t become too fragile nor do the fish pieces break down and cook for a total of 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from stove and serve accordingly.
Zucchini is known as courgette in the UK
Ensure to omit the bitterness by adding the pink salt to the zoodles and set aside.
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 44g