High protein kidney bean cassava salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup worth of cassava, parboiled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of butternut squash, parboiled and chopped
- 1 small can of corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced and sauteed
- 2 scallion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 avocado, stone/skin removed and chopped
- For the sweet lime dressing
- 1/4 cup of coconut nectar (can use agave instead)
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme
- Prepare the dressing by adding all of ingredients together in a blender and blitz into a smooth consistency and set aside.
- Arrange all of the ingredients for the salad on a serving dish, make sure the cassava and squash and completely cool.
- Once everything is on a dish then feel free to pour a generous amount of dressing onto the protein enriched salad.