Easy homemade granola
Delicious and easy homemade granola – Low sugar, dairy free, vegan
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 1/2 cup of old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 cup of mixed nuts/seeds (I chose Apricot kernels, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds (ground or whole)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of apple sauce (see my recipe)
- Dried fruit
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruit cranberries, raisins
- **fresh banana for topping
- Preheat oven 350 degree (Gas mark 4)
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, seeds, nuts and other dry ingredients (excluding the dried fruit) together
- Fold in the applesauce, coconut nectar and oil, mix until everything is saturated.
- Spread out on parchment paper and cook in the oven for 45 minutes, turning every 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the dried fruit and store in airtight container – should last for a few weeks.
** Cook for longer than 45 minutes to increase darkening
** 1 cup of applesauce is suffice for subtle sweetness, can add more sweetness if desired