Mmmmmm yumtastic dates are an absolutely awesome alternative sweetener. I prefer to use date paste in most of the food and drinks as they are naturally sweet and fibrous which means they help to promote a healthy bowel. For those of you who suffer from constipation I would highly recommend adding date paste to your tea, smoothies, pancakes or even your baking instead of refined sugars. Dates are also full of zinc and other minerals such as magnesium, manganese and selenium.
Date paste is so simple to make I would recommend presoaking the dates in some tepid water for roughly 1 hour
Blend the dates in a high speed blender until soft and creamyPrint
How to make date paste
Refined Free Sweetener, Paleo, Vegan, Raw
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Cuisine: Extra
- 2 cups of pitted medjool dates
- 1-2 cups of tepid water (enough to saturate the dates)
- In a large bowl, place the pitted dates and pour the water onto the dates until they are completely saturated – leave to soak for up to an hour.
- Strain off the excess water and place the pre soaked dates in the blender.
- Start to blend until the dates appear to yield a creamy consistency