Learn how to make your very homemade instant pot popcorn within a matter of minutes. A low carb, child friendly snack that’s great for movie or game time.
** this post contains affiliate links click here to read about my disclaimer
I’m so excited to share this cinnamon sweet salted instant pot popcorn recipe with you. Furthermore, I feel it’s one that most people can relate to. Making popcorn in your instant pot couldn’t be any easier. It only takes a matter of 5 minutes to complete and you only need is some popcorn kernels, coconut oil and flavouring. You will be pleased to know I prepared some cinnamon sweet and salted flavouring that I think you will enjoy.
About this cinnamon sweet salted instant pot popcorn recipe
As I lately I’ve been making good use of my instant pot. Yes, I’ve finally hopped on the band wagon, getting used to the settings and doing some trial and error with it. While instant pots aren’t really in high demand in the UK, I know many of my stateside readers are heavily dependent on them. To the point where almost any and everything is made in their instant pot.
Which led me to this recipe, as I mentioned before this all came about with a bit of testing this and that. Insta pot popcorn is simply an alternative to making popcorn on the stove top or using an air popcorn maker. Yes many of you may rolls your eyes and say “I can make this on the stove top” or “I will just use my air popcorn maker” and that is very true.
However, this popcorn tutorial is strictly for my insta pot owners or maybe you are reading this and thinking of buying one. Whatever the case I will happily show you to make popcorn using an instant pot.
Things you will need to make cinnamon sweet salted instant pot popcorn
Himalayan pink salt
How to make instant pot popcorn
- Start by switching the instant pot on the select “saute” and adjust the heat level to “more”.
- Wait for the unit to indicate “hot” (see picture).
- Add the coconut oil (or your choice of oil) to the inner pot and wait for it to melt first.
- Add the kernels to the pot, spread them out evenly so they don’t overcrowd the surface.
- Cover the pot with a glass lid and wait for the kernels to begin to pop (should take up to 2 minutes)
- Allow the kernels to form as popcorn and wait until there is 2-3 seconds between each pop before pressing “cancel”
- Leave the unit for 1 minute just incase any stray popcorn pop ups before removing the lid
Tips for making the best cinnamon sweet salted instant pot popcorn
- To avoid the dreaded instant pot popcorn fail make sure the popcorn kernels aren’t old, old kernels won’t pop unless they are soaked in water for 15 minutes. To avoid disappointment use freshly purchased kernels.
- Use a glass lid that fits over the instant pot, it doesn’t have to be the manufacturers for the recipe to work.
- Use a cooking oil with a high smoke oil – coconut oil, olive oil or avocado oil.
- Butter and coconut can be used in tandem if you want a buttery after taste.
- Make sure to use oil, if not you will end up with burnt kernels as well as a burnt inner pot.
- Ensure the unit is “hot before adding the oil/kernels.
- The kernels should be evenly spread out to increase the likelihood of most kernels popping.
- Pop no more than 1/2 cup of kernels at a time. If you want to do more I suggest working in batches.
How to make the cinnamon sweet and salted flavouring
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
For best results, add all of the ingredients to a coffee/spice grinder and mill into a powder form. Then sprinkle all over the popcorn, ready to serve
More instant pot recipes you may like
Other appetisers recipes (non instant pot)Print
Cinnamon sweet salted instant pot popcorn
Learn how to make instant pot popcorn in a matter of minutes for all the family – gluten free, vegan
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Appetizer
1/2 cup of popcorn kernels (100g)
2 tbsp of coconut oil (or your choice of oil)
To make the cinnamon sweet and salted flavouring
1/4 cup of coconut sugar (50g)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
Start by switching the instant pot on the select “saute” and adjust the heat level to “more”.
Wait for the unit to indicate it’s hot (see picture).
Add the coconut oil (or your choice of oil) to the inner pot and wait for it to melt first.
Add the kernels to the pot, spread them out evenly so they don’t overcrowd the surface.
Cover the pot with a glass lid and wait for the kernels to begin to pop (should take up to 2 minutes)
Allow the kernels to form as popcorn and wait until there’s a 2-3 seconds between each pop before pressing “cancel”
Leave the unit for 1 minute just in case any stray popcorn pop ups before removing the lid
Sprinkle on the flavouring prior to serving