Jamaican bammy recipe (paleo,vegan)
Jamaican bammy – Paleo, gluten free and vegan friendly
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Extras
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- 2lb of fresh cassava
- 1tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 2tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Wash and peel the cassava.
- Grater the cassava on the fine section of the grater box.
- Use a cheesecloth to squeeze out the excess liquid and discard.
- Add the salt and break down the lumps of cassava pulp.
- In a frying pan, under low heat with 2tbsp of oil, add the contents and begin to flatten the cassava in a circular shape, use the back of the spoon around the perimeter to mould the shape and use a spring form baking tin to create the disc to make things easier. Rotate the pan to ensure the entire base of the bread is coated with oil and not sticking.
- Use egg spatula to flip the bammy over when golden brown and cook otherside.
- Remove from heat and pour milk onto the flatbread and leave to saturate for 15-20 minutes.
- Grill the bammy on both sides until golden brown
Ensure to saturate the cassava bread in a adequate amount of coconut milk
Use a spring form baking tin to shape the bammy if required