Vegan condensed milk
Easy two ingredient vegan condensed coconut milk – Gluten free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 jar
- Category: Extras
- 1 can of organic coconut milk (optional or additive free full fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut palm sugar
- Start off by pouring the coconut milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Be sure to keep a watchful eye so the milk doesn’t burn or bubble over.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to low and pour in the coconut palm sugar – whisk thoroughly.
- Leave saucepan to simmer for 45 minutes – through out this time, stir the mixture periodically.
- Around 20 minutes into the simmering the texture of the milk with begin to thicken slightly with a dark hue of brown (see picture above).
- Once desired texture is reached, set aside until cool before leaving it to completely chill in the refrigerator. The mixture will thicken more with time and ready to use however you can use immediately
- Lasts for roughly one week
Lasts for at least one week
Make sure to occasionally stir during the entire cooking time.
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g