Pumpkin seed energy bars
Healthy pumpkin seed energy bars – Vegan and raw friendly
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetiser
- 1/2 cup of quick oats (gluten free if required)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup of presoaked medjool dates
- Using a food processor with a S blade, on high speed process the oats, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut until a fine meal is formed.
- Add the cinnamon and pink salt to the mixture.
- With the food processor still operating on high speed, pour in a few dates at a time.
- Continue to process until the raw dough ingredients congeal into a giant ball
- Transfer the contents onto parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture – the bars should be about 2” thick.
- Once the desired thickness is met, use a knife to cut into rectangles.
- Put the bars in the freezer for up to 2 hours to firm.
This batch makes roughly 5 bars