Quinoa stuffed peppers recipe – Oven roasted bell peppers stuffed with a combination of seaoned quinoa with curly kale, delicious and vegan friendly too.
The weather is beginning to really unwind down here in the UK which means we’re on the verge of saying goodbye to ice cold smoothies, light salads and ready to embrace the comfort food. Are you guys ready for the big change? No me neither.
Cooking wise I always seem to reflect on what recipes I’ve done and the feedback given by my readers. This year was special because it was the first time blogging and being featured heavily in various media outlets, honestly it means a lot to me I cannot thank you guys enough for the support. Granted I’m not well-known as some of the top dog bloggers out there but given my niche (Caribbean food – gluten & dairy free) I appreciate yourselves following me on this culinary journey.
Anyway, my biggest blogging regret was not making any popsicles or ice cream – how crazy am I? YES go easy on the insults. I was so engrossed with salads and smoothies that I negated from frozen desserts.
Let me compensate my showcasing my latest cuisine, quinoa stuff peppers – I adore stuffed peppers, they look so cute, I gush over them, they look so picture perfect that I don’t even want to dig into them. I thought I’d kill a few birds with one stone as they say, well I’ve changed the proverb to suit but you know what I mean.
This is an overall veggie galore recipe and very much a family friendly meal – kiddies included. I know quinoa is NOT paleo friendly however, if you’re a vegan or gluten intolerant then this veggie dinner is calling your name. It’s mildly season with garlic pepper, mixed seasoning, garlic granules, paprika, with a hint of himalayan pink salt and cayenne pepper to extreme heat (I pinky promise).
The flavour combinations really compliment the fluffly quinoa with the soft lentils and when you pack everything after simmering into the carved out bell peppers and roast them? OMG can we say heaven. I made them with my little cousin and needless to say she thoroughly enjoy stuffing the peppers I left the little lady to her own devices, so it’s safe to say you can include your little angels in on the fun times as well or simply do it alone or with your loved ones.
An flavourful easy recipe, that’s family friendly, and simple to make – go on, try it!Print
Quinoa stuffed peppers recipe
Gluten free, vegan,
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of kale, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp of garlic pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 3-4 bell peppers – top sliced and inside carved out
- Preheat oven 200 Celsius or gas mark 6.
- In a medium sized saucepan add all of the ingredients, you want the pan filled with enough water to cook everything evenly, so ensure it’s full enough to just cover everything, too much water will weaken the flavour.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes and over the pan with the lid. During this time the quinoa etc.. will be soft to the touch, but do double check and cook for longer in required.
- Drain off the excess water and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile get the square oven proof dish ready to house the peppers.
- Stuff each bell pepper to the brim and carefully prop them up in the oven proof dish then add the tops of each pepper before transferring to the oven.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bell peppers is slightly charred.
- Remove from oven and serve accordingly