Vegan quinoa stuffed peppers – Oven roasted bell peppers stuffed with a combination of seasoned quinoa with curly kale, delicious and vegan friendly too.
Stuffed peppers are really fun to make, you can apply just about anything to them. That’s is why I coudln’t resist making this vegan quinoa stuffed peppers. The peppers are crunchy on the outside and a soft seasoned interior using common pantry ingredients .
Stuffed bell peppers are a creative concept
I adore stuffed peppers, they look so cute, I gush over them, they look so picture perfect that I don’t even want to dig into them. As cute as they are, I like them equally a creative vegan style concept.
Vegan quinoa stuffed peppers are………
This is an overall veggie galore recipe and very much a family friendly meal – kiddies included.
I know quinoa is NOT paleo friendly however, if you’re a vegan or gluten intolerant then this veggie dinner is calling your name.
It’s mildly season with garlic pepper, mixed seasoning, garlic granules, paprika, with a hint of himalayan pink salt and cayenne pepper to extreme heat (I pinky promise).
The flavour combination of quinoa mixed with lentils
The flavour combinations really compliment the fluffly quinoa with the soft lentils and when you pack everything after simmering into the carved out bell peppers and roast them? OMG can we say heaven.
I made them with my little cousin and needless to say she thoroughly enjoy stuffing the peppers I left the little lady to her own devices, so it’s safe to say you can include your little angels in on the fun times as well or simply do it alone or with your loved ones.
An flavourful easy recipe, that’s family friendly, and simple to make – go on, try it!Print
Vegan quinoa stuffed peppers
Gluten free, vegan,
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of kale, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp of garlic pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 3-4 bell peppers – top sliced and inside carved out
- Preheat oven 200 Celsius or gas mark 6.
- In a medium sized saucepan add all of the ingredients, you want the pan filled with enough water to cook everything evenly, so ensure it’s full enough to just cover everything, too much water will weaken the flavour.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes and over the pan with the lid. During this time the quinoa etc.. will be soft to the touch, but do double check and cook for longer in required.
- Drain off the excess water and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile get the square oven proof dish ready to house the peppers.
- Stuff each bell pepper to the brim and carefully prop them up in the oven proof dish then add the tops of each pepper before transferring to the oven.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bell peppers is slightly charred.
- Remove from oven and serve accordingly