Raw carrot cake
Delicious raw carrot cake – raw, paleo, dairy free, vegan, gluten free
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Category: energy and snacks
- Cake carrot base
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 of shredded cocnut
- 1 cup of pitted dates (pre soaked for up to an hour)
- 1tsp of nutmeg
- 1 1/2tsp of cinnamon
- Creamy icing
- 1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 2tbsp of coconut nectar
- pinch of himayalan pink salt
- Grate the two carrots using a grater box in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a food processor with an S blade, pulse the sunflower seeds into a fine meal and add a few of the pre-soaked dates at a time to the processor.
- While the machine is still running add the rest of the outstanding ingredients and continue until a pliable dough is formed.
- Line a square brownie tin with parchment paper and pour the dough onto the tin, spreading it out evenly – cover with some foil or cling film and freeze for an hour.
- In the meantime add the ingredients for the creamy icing to a blender to create the topping. It should be creamy not running, so add the water in increments and use accordingly.
- Layer the top with icing and put in the freezer for another hour. If using the refrigerator method store until firm and serve.
Store in the refrigerator.
Option to either freeze or refrigerate to set the icing.
Store the leftovers in the freezer for longevity.