Learn how to make your very own flavoursome, tasty air fryer hamburgers from scratch using lean beef – a great, low fat, child friendly appetiser.
If you love recipes that a super quick, easy to pull together and super duper delicious. Then these tasty air fryer hamburgers are going to knock your socks off. I’m talking about seasoned ground beef that is shaped into patties and cooked in an air fryer.
Need I say anymore so let’s get started!!
Cooking in an air fryer couldn’t get anymore easier and not to mention fun with this burger recipe. I’m on a roll with air fryer recipes right now, I just can’t get enough of them. I always have some type of beef – minced or chunks laying around in my refrigerator.
Therefore I couldn’t resist the urge to make some tasty air fryer hamburgers. I’m sure those of us who are meat eaters have sampled a beef burger or two.
The ones in the supermarket under illusion may appear to be delicious but they are often laden with fillers and chemical. As a general rule of thumb, I say if you can make an alternative from scratch at home then do so.
With my assistance, I’m going to show you have to make your very own hamburgers from scratch.
How to make perfect hamburger patties
- Ensure hands are washed prior to forming the patties to omit cross contamination
- Hands should be cold not warm to avoid the burger mix becoming too sticky.
- Use low fat, lean beef (5% or less) to decrease the patties from shrinking.
- Use a food processor to breakdown the mince meat and to evenly combine the seasoning.
- Roll the the mix into rolls first so each patty will be the same size and cook for the same length of time.
- Any uncooked patties should be refrigerate or frozen until further use.
How long does it take to cook a hamburger in the air fryer?
Air frying a hamburger patty doesn’t take very long at all. My burgers are approximately 1” thick and took 8 minutes to cook in total.
Are these air fryer hamburgers freezer friendly?
Yes, you can freeze the burgers wither cooked or in their raw state. If you intend to stack them on top of one another please make sure to separate the patties with parchment paper in between.
How to cook air fryer hamburgers from frozen?
Burgers that are cook from frozen will need an additional 4-5 minutes. Increase the time to 12-13 minutes.
What to serve with air fryer hamburgers?
Other burger variations include………….
Air fryer turkey burgers
Air fryer veggie burgers
Love air fryer recipes? You may like these…….
How to cook air fryer hamburgers
Add the ground beef, parsley, black pepper, garlic cloves and pink salt to the food processor and pulse until smooth.
Form the beef mixture into even patties then lay them in the air fryer basket ready to cook.
Tasty air fryer hamburgers
- 1 1/2 lb 500g lean ground beef, washed and drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp of parsley
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of himalayan pink salt
- Spray or coat the air fryer basket evenly with oil (coconut or cooking spray) and set aside
- Prepare the food processor ready to use by fitting it with an S blade.
- Add the ground beef and sprinkle in the seasoning - parsley, black pepper and pink salt.
- Pulse the beef so it combine with the seasoning into a more smooth texture.
- Remove the S blade and tip the patty mixture out onto some parchment paper
- Roll the mixture into 4-6 even balls (depending the size you want your burgers to be)
- Flatten and shape into discs then add each one to the air fryer basket leaving a space not to overcrowded (you may need to cook the patties in batches).
- Lightly spray/coat the tops of the patties with oil
- Switch the air fryer on manual, select temperate 180c (356F) for 8 minutes.
- Serve accordingly