Thai pineapple fried rice
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Category: Main Entree
- 3 cups of organic brown rice, cooked and chiiled
- 1 large papaya, peeled and cubed
- A can of 100% pineapple chunks only, drain the juice
- 1/2 cup of garden peas (organic and local if possible)
- 1 cup of mixed bell peppers (green and sweet red)
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 small scallion, chopped
- 2 tsp of coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 2tbsp of coconut oil,
- 1 tsp of thyme
- Heat a large wok or heavy duty frying pan over medium heat for 30 seconds before proceeding to melt the coconut oil while rotating the pan.
- Add the turmeric first to release the flavour before adding in the onion, scallion, garlic and ginger. Saute until the onions are soft, this should take roughly one minute to achieve.
- Meanwhile pour in the bell peppers and garden peas, fold them into the sauteed onion mixture. Stir occasionally until the veggies are soft in texture.
- Now add the pineapple and papaya to the wok along with the cold rice. Combine, coat and stir the entire contents as it slowly begins to take on a yellow hue from the turmeric.
- Drizzle the coconut aminos and sesame oil into the wok and flip once or twice.
- Then season with thyme, white pepper, pink salt before stir thoroughly to deepen the flavour.
- Serve accordingly.