Vanilla chia seed pudding – this delicious pudding is made from chia seeds, coconut milk, nectar with a hint of vanilla extract and strawberry topping.
If you a fan of dessert like I am then you will be impressed with this vanilla chia seed pudding. Chia seeds are so diverse, you can add them to just about anything smoothie, drinks, ice cream etc…I thought it would be a great idea to make them into a dairy free pudding using only a handful of ingredients
A simple chia seed recipe that consists of less than 5 ingredients – filling, irresistible and incredibly tasty.
Chia seeds and strawberries
This vanilla chia seed pudding is one that I’ve been eating for a few weeks now because the nearby markets are currently selling strawberries which I like to pair with vanilla at a reasonable cost.
Chia seeds vary in price depending on where you purchase them from. I like the cheapest place I’ve brought them from was costco. They sell a gigantic bag for under £10 (in the UK) and it lasts for long time
About this chia seed vanilla pudding
I consider this recipe to be a breakfast and pudding in one and that is the best part about it. The ambiguity offers my readers the opportunity to choose as and when to eat it.
It’s quite filling so breaking that all important fast with some chia seeds is certainly what is needed if you’re looking for a recipe that is tasty and will keep you full for at least a few hours.
You should make vanilla chia seed pudding because………..
On the contrary, these nothing quite like coming home to some chia seed pudding or perhaps you’re in the mood for a not-so-naughty-treat. Let me echo these sentiments once again, this chia recipe can quickly turn into the dessert of your dreams.
How to make vanilla chia seed pudding
The key to a good chia seed pudding is……….
Whisk the chia seed in a bowl to allow the seeds to expand into little transparent balls.
I have discovered that whisking the seeds with nut milk helps to hasten this process so there is no need to wait several hours or overnight unless of course you’re not in a hurry to eat it.
More dessert and pudding recipes
Vanilla chia seed pudding
paleo, gluten free,
- Prep Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 coconut milk (can use almond or cashew milk)
- 2tbsp of coconut nectar (use an alternative sweetener)
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract (or powder)
- a bunch of strawberries, sliced
- Add the chia seeds to a small bowl of your choice,
- Pour the nut milk onto the chia seeds whisking briskly. The seeds won’t expand immediately, so whisk periodically it should reach its peak within 15 minutes, whisking at 2-3 minute intervals during this time feel free to drizzle in the coconut nectar and vanilla.
- Once the pudding has reached its peak, adorn with the sliced strawberries.
- Serve accordingly – dessert or breakfast.