How to make salt fish
Learn how to make your very own unrefined salt fish from scratch
Servings 2 servings
- 600 g Fish fillets cod, pollock, or haddock works too (or 4 large fillets)
- himalayan pink salt according to taste
Place the fish fillets in a large enough pot and bring to the boil for 10-15 minutes, until the fish is more opaque (that's when it's cooked)
Once boiled, allow to cool before straining off the excess water
Use two forks to flake the fish by pulling it apart.
Sprinkle the amount of salt depending on how salty you want your fish
Use the salt fish as needed accordingly.
- The fish is made using unrefined himalayan pink salt and is a healthy alternative to white refined salt
- Suitable paleo/keto and gluten free lifestyle
- Depending on the amount of fish needed double or triple the batch. 600g of fish is suitable for up to 4 servings
- Freezer friendly
Calories: 288kcal | Protein: 60g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 906mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg