Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
This air fryer brussel sprouts recipe is amazingly crispy on the outside, mildly seasoned, tender and make the perfect side dish or healthy snack.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb brussel sprouts (450g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or granules
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pink salt
Rinse off the brussel sprouts using a colander and blot them dry
Place the sprouts in a medium sized bowl and peel off the out layer (with any brown bits/debris) and slice off the ends and then cut each sprout in half and set aside.
Drizzle the sprouts with oil and season with black pepper, garlic power and pink salt.
Use either your hands (preferred) or a spatula to coat each and every brussel sprout liberally.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket (or coat) with oil
Place the sprouts facing downwards in the fryer basket (you may need to do this in batches, depending on the capacity)
Switch the unit on and manually fryer at 356f (180c) for 8-12 minutes making sure to open the unit and turn the sprouts over half way through cooking. I found that 10 minutes gave me a nice crispiness as pictured.
- Do not forget to rinse off the sprouts first as they will probably riddled with some debris
- Cut the ends off the sprouts as you have them
- If you don't cook all of the sprouts simply refrigerate or freeze them (halved)
- If you freeze them keep in mind they will be water logged and take longer to crisp up
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 4g