Vegan Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Delicious creamy dairy free, gluten and egg version of the classic rice pudding
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup brown rice rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk full fat (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 2 cups water
- coconut condensed milk see post for recipe link
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ tsp ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ raisins or fruit of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
Soak the rice grains overnight or at least 8 hours to soften, if not doing this optional step then skip it
Switch on your instant pot and add all of the listed ingredients excluding the vegan condensed milk
Set your pressure cooker to "high" and adjust the +/- button to 20 minutes.
Place the lid on and put the valve on "sealing" let the unit come to pressure and work its magic.
When the pressure cooking is finished allow to natural release (should take 10-15 minutes) then turn the knob to "venting" to release the excess pressure
Remove the lid and stir in the desired amount of sweetener, add a bit more ground cinnamon and nutmeg to enhance the taste further and serve!
- You can serve this pudding hot or cold, it's totally up to you!
- Feel free to add whatever fruit you like, dried or fresh
- For best results refrigerate any leftovers and consume with 2-3 days.
- If you intend to freeze the remaining pudding make sure to use a freezer friendly bowl(s)
- Make sure to use plant based milk that is FULL fat, light versions will result in a less dense texture.
- Soak the rice in water overnight or for at least 8 hours to soften the grains (optional)
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 4mg