Leftover Turkey Fried Rice
Turkey fried rice is super delicious, so quick and easy. This dish is the perfect way to pull together any leftovers turkey, tossed with some brown rice and veggies.
Servings 6 people
- 1½ lb turkey (700g) small pieces/shredded
- 4 cups cold brown rice (760g)
- ½ cup garden peas (73g)
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers (150g)
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning see notes for link
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or organic soy(a) (40g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (40g)
- 2 tsp thyme dried or fresh (stems removed)
- ½ tbsp parsley
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (40g) optional
- black pepper and pink salt to taste
On medium heat, add some olive oil to your skillet/wok.
Add your onion, garlic and ginger then proceed to saute until translucent/soft.
Add your turkey then sprinkle in your seasoning (all purpose, parley and thyme) and stir
Next add your vegetables - garden peas, mixed peppers etc... continuing to stir and combine with the other ingredients.
Fold in the rice and cranberries if including then add your soy(a) sauce
Add salt and black pepper to taste/ adjust seasoning further if required.
- If you don't want to use Brown Rice, feel free to use Cauliflower Rice, wild rice or quinoa. These choices are high nutritious.
- Use whatever leftover vegetables you want - my veggies are just a rough guide. This is a freestyle type of recipe so you can pretty much tailor it to your needs
- Use organic soy(a) or coconut aminos for a soy alternative.
- Make sure the rice is cooked and completely cold in advance, preferably refrigerated
- Cranberries are optional, if you don't care for fruit in your rice just leave it out.
- I'm using All Purpose Seasoning but use chicken seasoning or any other type of seasoning that you have to hand, remember we are improvising.
- Feel free to freeze any leftovers.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 966IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 4mg