Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
Learn how to make flourless sugar cookies this Christmas they are so easy to make and delicious you will love them because they are grain free, vegan and gluten free.
Servings 3 people
- 1¾ cup almond flour (196g)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (30g)
- ¾ cup powder coconut sugar (120g) see note for the link
- ½ cup dairy free butter (106g) softened
- 1 tablespoon almond extract (15g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5g)
- 2 tablespoon coconut yoghurt (30g)
- ½ teaspoon pink salt (2.5g)
To make the cookie dough
Fit your stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Place the almond flour, powdered sugar, coconut flour and pink salt in the mixing bowl.
Start to add the butter and mix until a crumble is formed.
Proceed to add the coconut yoghurt, almond extract and vanilla.
Continue to mix until large clumps have formed.
Scoop out the mixture and make a dough ball with your hands. Make sure the dough isn't sticky, if it is then add a bit more almond flour and re-form the dough ball.
Saran wrap (cling film) the dough and leave to set in your refrigerator for about an hour to chill (very important)
Making the cookies
Preheat the oven 325f/160c line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface and remove the dough from the refrigerator, unwrap it and place in the centre of the parchment paper.
Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough.
Use a rolling pin to roll the dough flat (about ¼ inch) then use a cutter to cut out the cookies in the shape that you desire (you may need a pallet knife to lift the cookies)
Repeat the above steps and re-roll any scraps of leftover dough in between the parchment paper and shape.
Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
Once done leave the cookies to set for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack
Dust the cookies with powdered coconut sugar.
- Make sure the sugar that you are using is powdered. I used my Powdered Coconut Sugar recipe and used a combination of cane and coconut sugar.
- This recipe makes about 15 cookies
- Be sure to chill the dough before rolling it out, chilled dough is important for the cookie formation.
- I used my stand mixer to form my dough, you can use hand held dough/pastry blender instead or even do the entire recipe by hand (it will take longer).
- Feel free to add any additional flavouring i.e cinnamon, ginger etc...
- If you don't have coconut yoghurt, use another vegan yoghurt or vegan cream cheese.
- Make sure to store the cookies in an air tight container.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 640mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 3mg