Air Fryer Parsnip Fries
Move over potatoes and say hello to these parsnip fries, they are the perfect nutritional way to satisfy your craving for french fries using your air fryer.
Servings 2 people
- 500 grams parsnips (1lb)
- 15 grams parsley (1tbsp)
- 15 grams garlic granules (1tbsp)
- 10 grams pink salt (2tsp)
- 10 grams maple syrup (2tsp)
- 10-15 grams olive oil (2-3tsp)
Preheat your air fryer.
Scrub the parsnips, thoroughly wash them and blot them dry.
Cut the tops/bottoms of each parsnip.
Slice them into fries of your desired thickness.
Place the parsnips in a large bowl then drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic granules, maple syrup, parsley and pink salt.
Use tongs or your hands to toss your fries to evenly distribute the seasoning
Place the fries in the basket (you may need to do this in batches)
Set your air fryer to 180c/356f for about 7 minutes (mine took 7 minutes yours may take roughly 12 minutes without preheating).
Shaking the fryer basket to even cooking halfway through.
Re-season again just before serving.
- Don't use excess oil, less is more. Air fryer fries are crispy when less oil is used. Too much oil results in mushy/soggy fries.
- Make sure you are using LARGE PARSNIPS not small ones.
- If you double the recipe adjust the quantity of oil/syrup to double the amount.
- I don't recommend freezing the fries after cooking. You can re-heat but do avoid freezing them.
- Use whatever seasoning you like, I like to keep it simple with some parsley, garlic granules, pink salt and maple
- Make sure to scrub the parsnips and thoroughly wash and dry them before slicing them.
- Slice your fries according to the thickness you desire.
- The amount of seasoning used by myself is a rough guide. Feel free to adjust the amount according to your reference.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1972mg | Potassium: 1069mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 632IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg