Vegan Spinach Pancakes (Gluten Free)
These spinach pancakes are highly nutritious, wholesome completely gluten free and vegan friendly. They are made effortlessly by using a blender and ready in under 20 minutes.
Servings 3 people
- 2 oz fresh spinach 80g (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups oat flour can use rolled oats, see post (240g)
- 1 large ripe banana
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (1.3g)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (1.3g)
- 1 cup almond milk can use oat milk (236ml)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder optional (2.5g)
- ⅛ teaspoon pink salt (0.62g)
To make the pancakes
Add all of the ingredients to your blender.
Pulse into a smooth batter.
Heat a non stick tava/crepe pan on medium-low heat.
Coat the pan with olive oil (I used a pastry brush)
Pour some of the batter onto the pan.
Cook the first side (until it starts to bubble) then flip it over and repeat.
Transfer the pancake onto a cooling rack and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- This recipe makes about 6 pancakes in total
- Make sure you are using a LARGE banana not small.
- Don't use frozen banana for this recipe use fresh.
- You may want to omit the spices, pink salt and baking powder if making them for toddlers/young children.
- If the batter gets too thick add some more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until it's loose.
- On the other hand, if the batter is too thin, add 1 tablespoon at a time of oat flour.
- Feel free to garnish the pancakes with whatever fruit you want. I used blueberries and banana.
- If you want to keep the recipe nut free simply use coconut milk or oat milk in place of almond milk.
- For best results, use a high powdered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec.
- The more spinach you use the darker the hue of green the pancakes will be.
- Use a tava/crepe pan for the pancakes as they will be easier to flip over