Vegan Coconut Popsicles
Cool down this summer with some delicious vegan style coconut popsicles using only 5 ingredients. They are incredibly easy, so much fun to make, perfect for the little ones and adults too.
Servings 8 people
- 2 cups coconut milk (475ml)(must be full fat!!)
- 1 cup almond milk (236ml)
- ¾ cup condensed coconut milk (177ml) or can use cream of coconut, see notes for recipe link
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (26g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (15g)
Have the popsicle mold ready and set aside..
In a large jug, add the coconut milk, almond milk, coconut condensed milk/cream of coconut, shredded coconut and whisk to combine.(Do a taste test to determine the sweetness and adjust if needed).
Pour the mixture evenly between the molds, stir the mixture each time you add.
Cover and freeze for about an hour.
Add the popsicle sticks and continue to freeze until solid (overnight or at least 8 hours)
To remove the popsicles from the mold
- Depending on what vegan condensed milk you are using, it's normal for the colour of the popsicles to be a off white colour.
- This mixture makes about 8 large popsicles but this may differ depending on the size of your mold.
- This is the recipe for my homemade condensed milk or you may want to use the store brought kind instead.
- Remember to do a taste test of the liquid mixture before pouring it into the popsicle maker.
- Let the popsicles set overnight for guaranteed firmness.
- Feel free to add any additional ingredients i.e. rum or in my case rum essence for a non alcoholic version.
- If you want your popsicles to have an extremely STRONG taste of coconut then simply use coconut milk instead of the almond milk.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg