How to Make Date Paste
Learn not to make this sugar free game changer for all your culinary needs.
Servings 1 jar
- 2 cups of pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups water see above for whether you need warm/hot water
- Make sure to refrigerate (up to a month) or freeze for a year.
- Use a immersion stick, food processor or blender to puree your date.
- Any type of dates will work or use prune/figs/raisins instead.
- You can use the quick (soak in boiling water) or overnight option to make the paste.
- If adding to a hot beverage you will need to use more than want you would be if using brown sugar.
- Pitted dates are more convenient if you can't get hold of pitted simply split the dates in halve to remove the stone.
- This recipe makes about a small jar's worth of paste.
Calories: 814kcal | Carbohydrates: 220g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 2046mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 195g | Vitamin A: 438IU | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg