Vegan Carrot Pudding
Whip up this carrot pudding in your blender in less than 5 minutes
Servings 2 serving
- 2 ½ cups carrots chopped and halved, about 4 large carrots
- 8 pitted dates Medjool if possible
- ⅓ cup of coconut milk have some more milk/water on standby
- 2 tbsp of almond butter peanut works too!
- fresh ginger 1 inch or 1 tbsp minced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
Add all of the ingredients to your blender
Blitz into a smooth thick consistency (add more milk/water if required) and scoop into serving bowls
Garnish with raisins, pistachio nuts, shredded coconut and cashews (optional)
- Keep the pudding refrigerated for up to 5 days maximum
- I used my vitamix to puree the carrots into a smooth consistency. The carrots DO NOT need to be grated if you are using a powerful blender like this one or a Blend Tech.
- Add the coconut milk as the carrots are being pureed, ⅓ cup is a rough guide, you may need less or a splash more of water to compensate.
- Feel free to add/swap out the spices i.e cardamom, caraway seeds, cranberries, cashew nuts
- Double or triple the recipe if necessary for more servings.
- If you don't own a powerful blender use a food processor instead or you may need to par boil the carrots for 5 minutes just to soften them first.
- The texture of the pudding should be thick not thin and watery. In a worse case scenario add more carrot to balance things out.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 898mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 26730IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 3mg