Vegan Cranberry Sauce
Thanksgiving and Christmas wouldn't be the same with out serving up some cranberry sauce. This recipe is super simple, using only a handful of ingredients yielding a combination of sweet and zestiness from the orange.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries roughly 12oz
- ½ cup of maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- The juice of one large orange about ¾ cup
- 1 tbsp zest of an orange
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of slivered almonds optional
- water if required
Toss all of the ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
Once boiled reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
During simmering the cranberries will start to burst and the sauce thicken.
When 10 minutes have passed remove pan from heat, allow to cool and serve or store in the refrigerator.
- If the sauce isn't thick at the time, it's okay as it will thicken with time.
- Use whatever sweetener you see fit but be sure to use coconut nectar, maple syrup, agave nectar.
- If you don't want to use ½ cup of sweetener, just use less.
- Keep your cranberry sauce refrigerated at all times.
- Your cranberry should keep for about a week.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg