Vegan Almond Milk Recipe
Learn to make delicious almond milk from scratch - it's so delicious and creamy!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup of almonds
- 4 cups of filtered water can use non filtered
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of Himalayan pink salt
- water for soaking
Soak the almonds in a bowl with water overnight. The longer they soak the creamier the nut milk.
Drain off and rinse off the water from the almonds.
Place the almonds along with the 4 cups of water and any additional add ins and blender into a smooth consistency.
Use a cheese/muslin cloth or nut bag to strain the milk into a large bowl, squeezing out all excess liquid. Use the excess pulp (see recipe post)
Store the milk in a jug or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- In order to yield creaminess it's important to soak the almonds overnight. The longer you soak the nuts for then the more creamier the texture of your milk will be.
- You can speed up the soaking process by using lukewarm water instead for a few hours.
- You can make this recipe using a high speed blender or food processor BUT a blender i.e Vitamix, Blendtec is favourable and will create smoother results.
- If you want to add sweetener, dates, cacao powder or anything else then do so.
- Remember to store your milk in the refrigerator and be mindful of using it within 3-4 days.
- Only make what you need as this will lessen the chances of waste and/or doing unnecessary labour.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg