Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
This delicious vegan carrot ginger soup is the ultimate fall recipe
Servings 2 servings
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 1 thumb piece of ginger chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock see recipe for link
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 a onion chopped
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
Begin by sautéing the garlic and onions in the coconut oil on medium heat until slightly golden brown in colour.
Next, add the ginger and carrot slices to the same pan with the garlic and onions and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Pour the vegetable stock into a large saucepan on low-medium heat and add the coconut milk, cayenne pepper, curry powder, pink salt and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
Carefully transfer the contents to a blender and liquidise - The soup should still be hot and will retain it's heat if using a vitamix for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can pour the liquid into a pot to re-heat or serve later and re-heat at a more convenient time.
- This soup yield roughly 2 servings but if you want a larger batch simply double or triple accordingly
- Both fresh and frozen carrots can be used to make the recipe.
- Use fat free/low fat coconut milk or another plant based milk if you want to reduce calories even further.
- This soup is suitable to consume on a low carb lifestyle.
- If you don't have cayenne to hand use chilli powder or flakes.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1356mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 15713IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg