Vegan Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
Start your day off with some delicious Vegan, gluten free, dairy free overnight oats
Servings 2 servings
- ½ cup of gluten free oats old fashioned rolled oats work best, but rolled oats are fine
- 1 ¼ cup of almond milk can use coconut, cashew etc.. or other nut milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ¼ of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- of coconut nectar to taste can use agave, maple or another low GI sweetener
- blueberries to suit
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl or a jar and combine everything, give it a good stir.
Place in the refrigerator overnight. The chia seeds and oats will swell and expand overnight. The next day you should be presented with some creamy oatmeal.
Garnish with chopped banana, blueberries and a drizzle with sweetener
- You can prepare the base of the recipe by mixing the chia seed, oats and plant based milk together then adding the fruit in the morning so they don't turn mushy.
- When adding the chia seeds be sure to thoroughly mix/combine with the rest of the ingredients
- Feel free to add some additional nuts or seeds .i.e strawberries, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, grapes etc..
- Oats are naturally gluten free but if you are sensitive to trace then use oats that are certified "gluten free"
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 6mg