Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
A delicious and super tasty smoothie that's a great breakfast or pick me up!!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 large banana frozen
- 1 cup of almond milk can use coconut milk
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract/powder
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed
- If you have a high speed blender, blend the smoothie for about a minute until it is smooth. If you have a slower blender you may need to increase this time for up to a minute.
- Don't add ice to the smoothie. The frozen fruit will make it chilled and ice will dilute it.
- If you use fresh strawberries make sure they are ripe for the best flavor.
- If the dates are small, you may want to soak them for 10 minutes before adding them to the blender. This will help them to plump and soften so that they are easier to blend.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1mg