Chocolate Coconut Porridge
Transform plain old boring oatmeal into this chocolate goodness!
Servings 3 servings
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 2 cups of coconut milk can use almond or other plant based milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp of cacao powder
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- sweeten to taste maple syrup, coconut nectar, coconut condensed milk
- Melted almond butter
- cacao nibs
- shredded coconut
First combine the coconut milk, water cacao, and vanilla in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil
Once boiled stir in the cacao powder and vanilla extract
Reduce the heat to medium then pour in the oats in intervals while stirring to avoid any lumps from forming.
Allow the porridge to cook for roughly 5-7 minutes, stirring throughout the given time to prevent it from sticking, add a splash of water if the porridge thicken too much, If you are using rolled or steel cut oats then cook longer (see post)
Once the porridge is done drizzle in the sweetener of choice and to taste.
Serve accordingly and drizzle with almond butter and garnish with banana, shredded coconut and cacao nibs.
- If you are sensitive to trace contamination, make sure to use oats that are certified as "gluten free".
- Feel free to sweeten the porridge with some Vegan Condensed Milk in place of syrup
- This recipe made with a high ratio of coconut milk which yields a creamy porridge. If don't want a creamy porridge then use more water than milk.
- Use Almond milk if you don't like the taste of coconut milk or Cashew Milk works too.
- If the porridge thickens up once cool or left for the next day simply add a splash of water/milk and stir it up.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 6mg