Cajun Seasoning Mix
Learn how to make this simple cajun seasoning mix from scratch
Servings 1 jar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red chill flakes optional
- ½ tsp thyme
- Store the seasoning in an air tight container to increase longevity.
- Store in a cool dark place away from warmth so it doesn't clump together.
- This seasoning should last for at least a year.
- Use dried herbs and spices to prepare the spice blend, you don't need fresh ingredients and will save yourself some money by following the former.
- Double, triple and quadruple the amount as required.
- The recipe makes 3-4 tablespoons worth of spice blend.
- If you don't like nor care for a lot of heat simply reduce the amount of chilli flakes and/or cayenne. There's even the option to remove the chilli/pepper if you wish.
- Add the salt separately if you prefer to include when making your dishes instead
- If you want a finer/powdery consistency simply blitz the ingredients in a spice/coffee grinder
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2343mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2951IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg