Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
Go on and treat yourself to this decadent chocolate chia pudding - Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegan
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 2-4 tbsp of coconut nectar or other GI sweetener, maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk or other plant based milk 300ml
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or powder/pod
For the topping
- 2- 3 cans of full fat coconut milk chilled or partially frozen(400ml x 2 or 3)
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut sugar
In a medium sized bowl pour in the cacao powder, plant based milk, chia seeds, sweetener and vanilla
Briskly whisk the mixture in the bowl for about a minute and it should begin to swell.
Cover over the bowl and leave in the refrigerator to set and expand to its full capacity over a course of 20-30 minutes.
After the given time transfer the pudding into small bowls, ramekins or glasses.
To make the topping open a can of coconut milk and proceed to insert a spoon by ⅓ of the can. Carefully scoop of the coconut solids into a bowl, being careful not to lower the spoon into the liquid underneath.
Discard or save the liquid to add to a smoothie.
Add the coconut sugar to the solids and whisk (either using electric or by hand) until smooth and fluffy.
Scoop the whipped cream onto the chocolate chia seed pudding, ready to serve
- This recipe serves roughly two people if served in a small bowl. You can stretch the recipe if using very small wine glasses or ramekins if hosting a dinner or party for up to 4 people.
- Feel free to use almond milk or another fatty plant based milk.
- Use canned full fat coconut milk with no additives or extras to create the topping.
- Don't forget to let the chia pudding chill and expand in the refrigerator.
- Make the coconut cream topping as you are waiting for the chia pudding to thicken up - save times!!
- Boost up the protein content by adding protein powder or peanut butter, cashew butter etc...
- To make the recipe keto friendly use stevia, yacon syrup or erythritol.
- Once the pudding is ready serve or alternatively refrigerate and consume within 3 days.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 55g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 199mg | Iron: 11mg