Sweet Chilli Shrimp
Delicious sweet chilli shrimp made from scratch, so tantalising and fingerlicking good!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes or powder
- ½ tablespoon mixed herbs or ¼ teaspoon of parsley/1/4 teaspoon thyme and ⅛ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- ½ himalayan pink salt
- 3 tablespoon of coconut nectar can use agave, maple syrup
- 1 cup of water 250ml
- **coconut oil or olive oil 2tbsp
Place the devained shrimp in a medium sized bowl and set aside
Melt approximately 2 tablespoons of coconut/olive in a frying pan on low-medium heat
Proceed to bell peppers then add a splash of water (approx ¼ cup) to the skillet.
Cover the skillet and allow the peppers completely soften by steaming for 5 minutes.
Once steamed add stir in the water, nectar and all of the herbs and spices.
Let the sauce naturally thicken somewhat, this should take 3-4 minutes
Add the raw shrimp to the pan and proceed to cook until they turn pink
- If you can't source mixed herbs simply use a combination of parsley, majoram and thyme
- Omit or use no chili flakes if you do not like spiciness
- Don't forgot to use additional ¼ cup of water to steam the bell peppers
- For the stove version, a non stick frying pan is highly recommended so nothing sticks or burns
- Serve the shrimp immediately and do not re-heat as the texture will likely become rubbery
- Only add the shrimp if you plan to eat the dish straight away or prep the other steps ahead of time ready for the shrimp
- Cooked shrimp takes 2-3 minutes in the pan to heat through, do not over heat them!!
- Use raw shrimp if you are doing the instant pot version instead
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 892mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1932IU | Vitamin C: 98mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg