Mango Pineapple Hot Sauce
Learn how to make this amazing Mango Pineapple Hot Sauce that will give you s taste of the Caribbean.
Servings 1 jar
- 1 large mango peeled and chopped
- a whole pineapple chopped or (3 cups, drained)
- 1 yellow bell pepper optional, for a thickener sauce
- ½ cup of agave nectar or other sweetener optional and depending on the sweetness of the fruit
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- the juice of a lime
- 1-5 scotch bonnet(s) depending on your level of heat
- 2 tbsp of tapioca starch mixed in ½ cup of water
Add all of the ingredients excluding the thyme and tapioca starch to your blender or food processor.
Puree into a smooth consistency (strain if needed)
Pour the contents into a saucepan and add the thyme.
Bring to the boil while stirring then reduce the heat to low.
Stir in the tapioca starch/water.
Simmer the hot sauce on low for 10 minutes
Cool down completely then pour into sterilized glass jar(s) and refrigerate.
- Use latex gloves. You can may want to use gloves if you are using peppers especially if handling a few of them. This is to ensure that you do not rub your eye or otherwise with them on. Once you have finished discard them immediately
- Sterile bottle. Make sure the bottle has been sterilized before pouring sauce into the bottle(s).
- Keep the sauce refrigerated at all times for longevity.
- It's okay to use canned, fresh or frozen mango/pineapple.
- The level of heat you require is totally up to you, see the heat factor paragraph for more details
- In order to omit the additional use of sugar, use fruit that is super soft because it will be sweeter. A firm mango isn't very sweet but a soft one is, you can even smell it, same applies to fresh pineapple.
- If you blender or food processor is that powerful, you may need to add a splash of water to get the mango/pineapple to puree.
Calories: 626kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 84g | Vitamin A: 2665IU | Vitamin C: 195mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg