Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This peanut butter smoothie is what you need in your life. Packed with optimal leaves of protein and fibre and plant based making it perfect for most dietary requirements including vegans. Ready to drink in less than 10 minutes.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 large bananas frozen
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter or 2 scoops of dried peanut butter powder
- 1 scoop of protein powder optional
- 1 cup of almond milk (235ml)
- 2 medjool dates
- ½ cup oats (40g) use gluten free oats if you a sensitive to trace elements
- 1 tsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Don't forget to add some of your favourite protein powder to this smoothie - making it a great post workout smoothie if required.
- Oats are naturally gluten free however, if you are sensitive to trace/cross contamination then use certified gluten free oats.
- To prevent the banana from turning brown place the banana in saline water.
- Use a vegan friendly powder such as pea protein.
- If you don't have medjool dates to hand that's okay, other type of dates will work just fine.
- Be daring and add additional nutritional ingredients such as bee pollen, coconut yoghurt, cacao or even more seeds i.e sunflower seeds.
- If you are looking for more peanut drinks, you may want to check out my Peanut Punch recipe.
- Drink your smoothie on the same day and don't leave it to stand overnight.
- To yield natural occurring sugars use overripe bananas that are frozen.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2mg