Blueberry apple oatmeal (vegan)
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free blueberry apple oatmeal, a delicious way to start your day!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups of gluten free oats
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of bluberries
- 1 large apple cored and sliced
- agave nectar coconut syrup or other sweetener
For the topping
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- chia seeds
Heat the milk and the cups of water in a medium saucepan until it begins to simmer.
stir in the oatsl then bring to a boil
Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer (stirring occasionally) for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Divide the oatmeal into 2 bowls then add some of the blueberries and apple to the oatmeal.
Feel free to sprinkle the seeds over the blueberry and apple combination
Serve with a dollop of coconut syrup/agave or other sweetener
- Feel free to add any additional fruit to your oatmeal i.e raisins, cranberries, apricots
- Use the suggested plant based milk that's referenced in the post
- I used water along with the coconut milk to prevent sticking but you can use just coconut milk if you want to.
- Make sure the oats you are using are certified "gluten free" if you a sensitive to trace elements
- Double or triple the batch if required.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 5mg