paleo, vegan, raw, gluten free, dairy free pineapple chow is a delicious side you have to try! Papaya, pineapple, cilantro, garlic and much more combine to make such a delicious dish
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large papaya paw paw peeled with seed removed
- 1 large pineapple peeled and chopped into chunks (can use 1 large can instead, drain juice)
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ½ cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp of cilantro chopped finely
- 1 garlic cloves minced (optional)
- 1 tsp hot sauce and/or ¼ scotch bonnet optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
Grab two freezer bags and double bag them or a zip lock bag.
Proceed to add the chopped pineapple, papaya, cucumber, and red onions in the bag.
Season the fruit with cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce and scotch bonnet
Drizzle the entire contents with the juice from a lime.
Tie a knot in the freezer (if using) or zip the bag then give a good shake so all of the condiments and juice fully saturate the fruit.
Eat straight from the bag (and go) or serve in a bowl.
Refrigerate any leftovers
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 164mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg