Avocado Chocolate Crumble
The best gluten free avocado chocolate crumble that is to die for!! - dairy free, vegan, paleo, gluten free
Servings 2 -4 servings
- 2 avocados semi ripe if possible
- ⅓ cup of cacao 30g
- ⅓ cup of coconut nectar or maple/agave(100g)
- 4 dates
- ½ cup of almond milk or other plant based milk(100ml/4oz)
To make the crumble topping
- ½ cup of almond meal 50g
- ½ tbsp of dairy free butter make sure it's very cold
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar or other low GI sweetener
Preheat the oven to 180c/356/gas mark 4
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside
Prepare the crumble first by placing the almond meal, coconut sugar and dairy free butter in a medium sized bowl.
Use the pads of your fingers to breakdown all three ingredients together so it creates a soft crumble.
Spread the crumble onto the parchment paper and toast in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and mix so the crumbs are even in colour
While the crumble is being toasted, prepare the chocolate pudding by pureeing the avocados, cacao, dates, nectar/syrup, nut milk and vanilla.
Once pureed transfer into a bowl(s)/glass(es) of your choice and sprinkle the golden crumble mix on top of the pudding.
- Keep in mind the more ripe then avocados are the stronger the avocado taste.
- You can double the batch if you are serving to a large crowd.
- Serving size is varied I managed to fill a standard sized breakfast bowl with this recipe. However, you can serve in multiple shot glasses or souffle dishes.
- Make sure to use almond meal and not almond flour as the two are not the same. Almond meal is a slightly coarse texture.
- Use a granulated low calorie/glycemic index sugar such as coconut sugar to make the crumble. Syrup/nectar might be too heavy for the crumble.
- Use an immersion stick blender or food processor to puree the avocados and so fourth.
- Any excess crumble mix can be frozen and used at another time.
- To make this recipe keto friendly use stevia or erythritol
- Make sure the butter is cold, straight out of the refrigerator and NOT room temperature/melting.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 4mg