My name is Charla and I am a young woman of African Caribbean heritage, who resides in the UK. What inspired me to try my hand at blogging was gleaming through some of my favourite health fanatic bloggers and having the desire to join them on the same platform.
Since I was a young girl I’ve always been intrigued by cooking but didn’t channel my energy until my early womanhood. I grew up in a Caribbean household, where it was customary for girls to acquire the art of cooking; perhaps this explains why I’m composing this website. Unfortunately, the art of cooking seems like a dying trend and with the high levels of obesity and vascular disease, it’s important to take control of what does inside the body and what causes harm.
Despite my cultural upbringing I appreciate food in its broader context, meaning I’m more than happy to sample most foods from different cultures. In my spare time, you’ll find me in the kitchen exploring my creative food juices.
and so ultimately….
This website is dedicated to showcasing dairy free and gluten free recipes. One day I’d like to transition to a vegan lifestyle. Although with that being said, I eat a high plant based diet with a small amount of chicken/fish, so I’m slowly getting there. Right now I would describe myself as a “conscientious vegan in the making”, as I do enjoy vegan and in fact raw food, but can’t bring myself to break away from the carnivore chains just yet.
what can I offer you………
- Exciting recipes that are gluten and dairy free. This link here will teach more about what being Caribbean and gluten/wheat/dairy free is all about
- Recipes creations that are a healthier or modern version of Caribbean cooking
- Drinking is against my morals therefore I do not include alcohol in my recipes but use foolproof substitutes instead
- All recipes will be free from pork
- Help and guidance through my website in the comments section or email me – [email protected]
Social media sites are as followed;