Herb Cauliflower Rice
Learn how to make this grain free alternative called cauliflower rice for all of your culinary needs.
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped (or dried)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pink salt to taste
Start by removing the leaves from the cauliflower then use a knife to cut off the base
Cut the floret into small chunks
Fix a food processor in an S blade and pulse the small chunks into a fine "rice consistency". You may need to do so in batches and scrap down the bowl and continue to pulse until the "rice" has formed.
If using a box grater or microplane use the side with the medium holes and push through to make "rice grains"
On medium heat, add the oil to a frying pan or skillet
Add the "rice", parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and pink salt to taste
Proceed to cook the rice, stirring for 5-7 minutes until the "rice is tender"
- I used fresh parsley as a part of the seasoning because it is more pungent but dried parsley works just as well.
- Don't forget to check out my Ochro Rice which is also made with Cauliflower.
- If you don't plan on eating your riced cauliflower straight away, it's best to refrigerate or freeze immediately.
- If refrigerating use within 4 days
- If using a food processor to pulse the florets into "rice" the texture can vary from super fine to slightly coarse. The longer you pulse the "rice" the finer the consistency.
- Don't over process or you increase the risk of the "rice" being mushy
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg