Pan Fried Garlic Butter Shrimp
This pan fried garlic butter shrimp comes together in less than 30 minutes. It contains, fresh shrimp, minced garlic, parsley and thyme all cooked up in some dairy free butter.
Servings 3 people
- 1 lb raw shrimp de-veined
- ⅓ cup dairy free butter preferably melted
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves removed from the stem or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- pink salt to taste
Heat up a large skillet/pan over medium/high heat.
Add the butter and heat until it is hot but not smoking.
Proceed to saute the minced garlic until translucent.
Season the pan with parsley and thyme.
Arrange a single layer of shrimp in the pan and try not to overcrowd.
Cook until each side of the shrimp, stirring occasionally (until it is pink in colour)
Season and adjust salt levels to your taste.
- Use raw shrimp not cooked because raw shrimp is a lot easier to cook and lessens the risk of overcooking.
- It's best to serve the shrimp immediately and not cook it and set to the side.
- I used about 5 garlic cloves which is quite potent, use more or less depending on your tastebuds.
- Pair the shrimp with potatoes or another root vegetable (see the serving option)
- I melted the butter in advance because it is so easy to work with but feel free to use whole butter and allow it to melt if you want.
- Jamaican Mashed Yam: This is the exact recipe that you see picture that the shrimp was paired with.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 381mg | Sodium: 1330mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 4mg