Raw Cacao Energy Balls
Raw cacao energy balls that are healthy and made from scratch - vegan, paleo, dairy free and gluten free friendly
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup of pitted medjool dates 150g
- 2 tsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao nibs
- ½ cup of almonds 75g
- ½ cup of walnuts 60g
- ⅛ tsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp of raisins
- ⅛ tsp of nutmeg
- pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Extra cacao for dusting optional
Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes
Blitz the almonds and walnuts on high speed for 45 seconds, using a S blade. You want the consistency to be semi fine, not chunks or completely ground - somewhere in between.
Add the cacao powder, salt, nutmeg cacao nibs, raisins, vanilla and pitted dates to the nut mix
Process for approximately 1 minute or until a huge ball is formed
Roll the dough into miniature balls and dust in excess cacao powder (optional, not required)
- It is essential that you use a food processor in order to make the energy balls
- The amount of energy balls made will vary depending on size of each ball.
- Make sure to use "cacao" vegan chocolate powder and not "cocoa" which isn't dairy free
- If you want to make more I would recommend making a separate batch so everything grinds down evenly.
- The balls are freezer friendly or refrigerate and consume within a few days.
- You can use another form of date if you can't get hold of medjools
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg