Egg Leafy Green Salad
Simple, quick and effortless Egg Leafy Green Salad is perfect to chop down on during the Spring/Summer Months.
Servings 2 servings
- A bag of arugula washed and drained
- 1 large tomato sliced in crescent shapes
- 1 cup of cucumber sliced (120g)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of carrot grated (30g)
- ⅛ tsp of himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp of chives chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic pepper
For optional dressing
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (use lime juice instead if you want a vinegar free option)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of maple or agave, nectar etc..
- ¼ tsp of pink salt
- black pepper to taste
How to boil your eggs
Place the eggs in a medium sized saucepan along with some water
Bring the water to boiling point
Once the water has boiled, cover the saucepan with a lid and leave for desired amount of time (see notes)
Once the desired time has come to pass, place the eggs in cold water (this will stop the eggs from cooking any further) for 5-10 minutes.
Discard the cold water, peel the eggs and use accordingly.
To make the salad
Arrange the salad bed by first laying down the rocket, followed by the tomatoes, cucumber and the eggs.
Finally garnish with carrot and pink salt, garlic pepper and chives.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad
- Arugula is also known as rocket in some countries
- Feel free to add a some dressing if you want, see the recipe above
- Add some additional vegetables such as avocado, beets, bell peppers for a wider range of low carbs and/ keto friendly fats
- Boil the eggs according to your preference. Yours will be different from mine so please refer to cooking time guidelines.
- . Remember 4-6 minutes for a runny egg, 6-8 minutes for soft yolk and 10-12 minutes for hard boiled egg
- Prep your salad. While the eggs are being boiled I would suggest chopping your vegetables so they are ready for the next step.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3945IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg