Curried Air Fryer Chickpeas
Learn how to make crispy, crunchy chickpeas to snack on using the air fryer
Servings 4 servings
- 2 4ooml cans of cooked chickpeas (or 2 ½ cups/245g of dried and cooked chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon of curry powder see post for homemade version
- ½ tablespoon of parsley
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon of chilli depending on heat threshold
- ½ teaspoon of himalayan pink salt
Preheat the air fryer basket
Make sure the chickpeas are drained and (especially if using canned to rid excess sodium) and blot with a paper towel.
Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and proceed to sprinkle on the coconut oil, curry powder, parsley, chilli and pink salt.
Use a spoon to evenly combine the herb and spices so each chickpeas is coated.
Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket and shake so it's not over crowded. You may need to work in batch depending on the size of your unit.
Set the temperature to 190c/375f and cook for 15-18 minutes.
Stop the fryer and shake a few time throughout the stated cooking time (I did this twice).
Once cooled store in an air tight container/jar
- For best results please use my homemade Jamaican curry powder
- Make sure the chickpeas are completely dried off before adding the spices/herbs/oil
- You can use an alternative oil to coconut if you prefer
- Make sure the chickpeas are evenly spread out and not overcrowding the basket
- Preheating the basket gives the cooking process a head start but not essential if you forget
- If using coconut oil melt the oil first and add the rest of the ingredients immediately so it doesn't harden
- Depending on the size/capacity of your air fryer you may need to work in batches. I own a Philips XL
- It's best to adhere to the measurements in this recipe in order to get an even flavour (not too overpowering or bland)
- Chilli is optional, if you don't like hot simply leave it out of the recipe.
- The chickpeas will become more crunchy and harden as they cool down
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4mg